Worksafe BC has now launched the 2021 Student Safety Video Contest website and invites students to submit their entries!
Here are some important points about this year’s contest:
- The contest website, including full details, rules, and the contest entry form can be found here.
- The theme of this year’s contest is I am doing my part (focused on how young workers can do their part to stop the spread of the virus and other infectious diseases in the workplace).
- Contest is open to students in grades 8-12
- To ensure health protocols are followed, students must work independently and film the videos themselves rather than as part of a team. These self-filmed entries can be live action, documentary-style, animation, stop motion…whatever creative style your students can imagine.
- Entries are to be submitted by the teacher sponsor.
- Contest deadline is 5:00 pm, Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
Again, complete contest details can be found of the Student Safety Video Contest web page linked above.
If you have any questions, please let me know. We look forward to seeing your students’ entries for the 2021 contest.
Stay safe everyone!
Award winning videos from past years: https://www.worksafebc.com/en/health-safety/education-training-certification/young-new-worker/student-safety-video-contest/previous-winners